Monday, August 24, 2009

What a busy, crazy, humbling, lesson learning and emotional week it was…

Monday…

Reminder #1 this week to never take anything for granted:
Monday was the two year anniversary of the death of my dear friend Jane’s husband, Brian. He died unexpectedly following a procedure on his pacemaker. My heart breaks for Jane every time I think of her being such a young widow. She was 29 when Brian passed, their daughter Ally was 7, and their son Jake was 3. Jake turned 4 the day after Brian died. Jane and I have been friends since we were both pregnant with Ally and Gauge at the same time. The day that Brian died I went down to their house and I will never, in a million years, forget the look on Jane’s face when she saw me and we made eye contact. It gets me choked up just thinking about it. Which one of us would ever imagine that we could be a widow at the age of 29? Jane is a complete inspiration to me. She is the mother all of us desire to be. She had done everything she can to help her children through this hard time. There just is no way that I can give her enough praise. Jane is very tech savy and is creating a website to keep Brian’s memory alive for herself and her children. Here is the link if you want to check it out: http://www.brian-whitman.com/














Rest in Peace Brian

A Reid milestone…
As I am attempting to get Reid into an every night bedtime routine (Lord HELP ME!), I was getting him ready for bed tonight, I got his bink and looked down at him and said ready for night-night? And he looked back up at me and said “nigh-nigh” (notice the lack of the t). I was so dumbfounded that it stopped me right in my tracks. I asked him the same question again, and got the same response, again. So I had to post this super cute pic of Reid going “nigh-nigh”…with the bink, the lovey, the blankie, and IN OUR BED. Someday, someday, someday…I will sleep again.


Tuesday…

First off Happy Birthday to Jake Whitman! He is the cutest little guy you’ve ever seen and we are so lucky to have been there to see him grow from baby to boy.

We took Reid to the doctor today because I thought for sure he had an ear infection. He has been super fussy and aggressive and when we were at the pool on Saturday, he kept sticking his fingers in his ears and hasn’t stopped since. Well, no ear infection, so I think the very technical, medical diagnosis for his behavior is… the terrible twos. Ugh! And seven months early may I remind you. So does that mean he will be out of the terrible twos seven months earlier than normal? Only time will tell.

Reminder #2 this week to never take anything for granted:
For the past week or so, Gauge has been complaining that his knees have been bothering him and although I was pretty convinced that it was just growing pains, there was a looming concern in the back of my mind that it may be juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. So while we had Reid at the doctor I expressed my concerns to Dr. Betkerur. Although he did tell me that RA is hereditary Gauge’s symptoms were not consistent with juvenile RA. What a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders!! I was feeling worried and kind of bummed that Reid was fussy & not sleeping well and Gauge was fussy about his knees. And isn’t it just when you are feeling sorry for yourself, something comes along and brings you back to reality? There was a story in the newspaper about a little boy in need of a heart transplant and possibly a double lung transplant. And I complained about a possible earache and sore knees. Boy do we have a lot to be grateful for. What a reality check! http://www.timesreporter.com/homepage/x1528800891/Lanes-courageous-fight

I did another senior shoot and had so much fun! I found several new interesting places to take photos around town and tried them out tonight. The pics I’ve edited so far I like, but it also helps that I had a cute, little (like size zero little) girl to take photos of.


Wednesday…

I got my long awaited (not really it’s only been a couple of days) package of digital scrapbook pages…100 pages to be exact. I was so thrilled to open them! Poor Reid is a year and a half old and has only a few months worth of pages in his book, so I figured it was about time to fill his book up. I tried a new company to print them… http://www.scrappinsimply.com/ and I absolutely love them!! I would recommend their company to anyone wanting to print their pages.


Thursday…

Mom took the boys right after Rod got off work, so when I got home we took off and went to the Roadhouse for dinner. I love that place! Unfortunately Lindsey wasn’t working and I didn’t see Aisha before we were seated, so we didn’t get to have either of them as our waitress. But the food was yummy. I could sit and eat rolls and cinnamon butter for my whole entire meal.


Friday and Saturday…

Pretty much lazy days for us (gotta love those!). But on Saturday, my cousin Carabeth delivered her baby…Hudson Samuel Kelly weighing in @ 8lbs 11oz and he sure is a cutie!!




Sunday…

Went to church and met Julie and the family there. The sermon was good. Not as good as last week, but still good. It was nice to see the Copes there again. And every Sunday it seems that I see at least one more person at church that I didn’t know attended there. Our church family keeps growing and growing. I love it!

And to end this weeks “novel”, lol…FOUR DAYS TILL WE LEAVE FOR HILTON HEAD!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger