Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Boys and Santa

Lindsey and Beth took the boys to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner and Santa was there. Gauge, of course sat on his lap, and Reid, who I thought wouldn’t be afraid of him, screamed his head off. Jake didn’t like him either. When Gauge got to talk to Santa, he told him that he wanted an Ipod touch for Christmas this year, which is close to $300, and pretty much out of Santa’s price range for a nine year old. My friend Julie texted me and told me that she heard Gauge ask Santa for the Ipod (and that she wants one too J) and I texted her back and told her that if he gets that for Christmas, then I want a BMW. We laughed about that one. But, the best part of the story is that the next morning, I told Gauge that I heard about what he asked Santa for Christmas. I don’t think he really believed me so I told him about the Ipod touch. He whipped around so fast and his eyes were huge and he said “You DO talk to him!” in almost complete disbelief. It took everything I had not to crack a smile. Gauge thinking I talk to Santa wasn’t at all my intention, but it sure was a heartwarming moment. Oh how I love that little boy.

Photobucket

1 comment:

julie said...

lol this is so funny! and the more i think about it, i really DO want one of those ipod touches!!

Powered By Blogger