Saturday, December 12, 2009

November round up (a little late)

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Gauge was busy reading AR (accelerated reader) books for school. He read several Geronimo Stilton books, which is a series that he really enjoys and also read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. After each AR book he reads, he takes a quiz on them at school and earns points. Most of the AR books he reads are worth one point. We have accumulated many books on the AR reading list, so I encouraged him to try a harder book that would be worth more points. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was worth over 5 points. He said he really enjoyed it and that it really wasn’t very difficult to read. To be honest, I’m glad he’s reading anything since it still isn’t something he enjoys too terribly much.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I listened to the New Moon book on cd again since Amanda, Lindsey, and I were planning on seeing the movie over Thanksgiving weekend.

Photobucket

What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
Elf. No matter how many times I’ve watched that movie, I still laugh at the same places.

Photobucket

Twilight. I watched it after shopping on Black Friday to get in the mood for New Moon and we watched it again on Saturday before we went to see New Moon.

Photobucket

New Moon. I can’t remember the last time I went to see a movie in the theater, but it was so worth it. And it was so much better than Twilight, but I hated the ending. Now I can’t wait for spring for the next movie to come out.

Photobucket

Rod’s been watching a lot of football. It’s definitely that time of year again. I guess I don’t understand all the hype. I get that you would want to watch the games when your team is playing, but what is the fascination with watching EVERY game that is on tv? Maybe it has to do with the fantasy football league. Who knows, but Go Steelers anyway!

Photobucket

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
Lindsey and I went shopping on Black Friday, which is always an eventful day. My alarm went off at 2:30 a.m. and we were in Canton by 4, after a stop for some much needed coffee. We went all over Canton and to Massillon and made it home a little after 4 p.m. And to our surprise Lindsey only used profanity towards another person once that day. And that was when a lady swerved at my car and laid on her horn because we pulled into a parking place that she obviously wanted.

Photobucket

Julie and I went to Akron for a weekend to scrapbook. I got a lot completed, but we both ended up with terrible sore throats and colds and the cold medicine I took ended up getting the best of me, so I was unable to stay up all night Saturday and get as much done as I wanted. But it was still so fun. We did some shopping on Friday and then pretty much locked ourselves in our hotel room to get busy scrapbooking. But here’s the funny part… You see, there’s always some funny story when Julie and I go on one of our scrapbooking adventures. When we pulled into our hotel, or what we thought was our hotel, we drove around and around the parking lot trying to find a way to get into the parking lot for our hotel. So instead of driving around anymore, I just decided to drive through the lawn and over the curb. Julie and I were laughing so hard and when we finally got into the parking lot we realized that one of the maids was standing outside of the hotel watching us. I was so completely embarrassed!!! But I can’t stop laughing right now thinking about it.
Lindsey, Amanda, and I had planned on seeing New Moon for months. All three of us usually don’t get to do many things together, so I was excited for that time together. But it ended up that Ashley went with us also, so that was even more special to have her go along. Oh, and the movie was awesome!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Not many gifts this month. Lindsey’s birthday was the only one and for that we got her the Gilmore Girls complete series on dvd and a Twilight board game. She’s been wanting the dvd’s forever, so when we have her birthday party, I’m sure she will be thrilled.

Photobucket

Photobucket

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Lots of Christmas presents and now I am completely done shopping!! I know that when I had said that most of my shopping was done a month ago, most people’s mouths would drop open, or I would get a gasp from them. But who’s laughin now? Haha. Christmas shopping before any of the fall holidays arrived paid off for me.

Photobucket

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Both boys had bad colds this month, and Reid ended up with the croup. I absolutely hate that sound. Gauge usually ends up with it a few times a year, but this is (I think) the first time that Reid has experienced it. Rod took him to the doctor and he was put on an antibiotic which seemed to help very quickly. I’m glad we decided to get the H1N1/swine flu vaccination for the boys. Although at this point I am wondering if it is all a big hoax, at least it gives me a little piece of mind.

Photobucket

What were my accomplishments this month?
Completing our Christmas shopping.

Photobucket

What were my disappointments this month?
I don’t really thing there were any. I have too much to be thankful for.

Photobucket

Anything else noteworthy to include?
Thanksgiving. Mom took Gauge with her to Aunt Jo’s for dinner, but Rod, the baby, and I stayed home because I had a terrible cough and we thought it was best if I didn’t go. I would hate to get Aunt Jo sick. The Saturday after Thanksgiving we celebrated at Dad & Beth’s house. Dinner was wonderful as usual and the best part was spending the day with all of us together. It’s rare to have all five of us kids and our families all together for any holiday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

julie said...

hey when did you take that pic of Archivers??? is that your car sitting there? lol did you take it when i made you wait outside for an hour for me?!

Powered By Blogger