Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Big Boy Bed Success

I stuck to my guns on Reid sleeping in his own bed after Tim and Tiff went back to Florida. I took him to bed last night at 8:00p, he went right in, I put him on the bottom bunk and I laid down beside him. I couldn’t believe that he just laid there and didn’t make a peep. I should have known that this was just the calm before the storm! It was about 8:30 and the dumb dog, Guido, to be precise, came flying into the room and scared us both half to death. And then the screaming began. Oh he got himself so worked up and cried and cried. Rod came up at a little after nine to relieve me, since we both knew that this would have to be a tag team parenting event. And the screaming continued…and continued…and continued. Finally, at 10:30 Rod came downstairs and said he was asleep. He said that Reid threw the biggest fit he had ever seen. He was holding on to the railing and jerking it back and forth and screaming “ma, ma, mama” over and over. I’m so glad I had the tv up loud enough that I couldn’t hear him. The tv volume was obviously on purpose. No mother can stand to hear any baby of hers cry, for any reason. I fell asleep shortly after that, and when I woke up this morning and realized I didn’t hear Reid all night, I about had a heart attack. I went flying into his room, and there he was, sound asleep. SUCCESS!!! All night in his own bed! So tonight, Rod said he would take the first shift while I edited photos. He went up at 8:00 again tonight, and Reid was asleep before 9! Oh can this really be? At the age of 19 months, he is sleeping in his own bed for the first time. Rod is thrilled…but I have to admit this tiny little secret…I loved having my baby sleeping right beside me every night (and I already miss him). Shhhh…don’t tell Rod.

1 comment:

julie said...

oh jess, this makes me cry! Esp the last part...good for you for sticking to your guns...at least one of us can! lol

Powered By Blogger