Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Top Ten {Tuesday} - Thanksgiving Traditions & Ideas

Photobucket

1. Dinner at Aunt Jo's - which I absolutely love because it is one of the three days a year that my mom's family (paternal side) is all together.
2. Dinner with Dad & Beth - which usually happens the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
3. The Macy's day parade - I promise you, one day I will be there to see it...anyone want to go along??
4. Fried Turkey - seriously there is no other way to have turkey!?!
5. Green Jello Salad - it's a staple food at all get togethers at Aunt Jo's house.
6. Black Friday shopping - Mom, Lindsey, and I get up at oh about 3am to get to Canton by about 4. And spend most of the day shopping! Too much fun!!
7. I try to make a thankful list of one thing, per day, that I am thankful of in November.
8. All day, family time, Thanksgiving day.
9. Usually a Christmas movie or two, or ten begin to play at our house over Thanksgiving weekend.
10. Christmas lights - Rod usually goes home before dinner at Aunt Jo's to let the dogs out and turns the Christmas lights on. Every year, the kids are surprised when we turn the corner and they say "Look at those lights!" and then realize they are on our house. It's too cute.

Photobucket

No comments:

Powered By Blogger